Friday, November 25, 2011

What five key components of marriage do you value?

Choose your top five ingredients to a successful marriage (example: love, honesty, etc.) in order of importance.





Feel free to add if you're married/how long.What five key components of marriage do you value?
Communication


Loyalty


Trust


Compatibility


LoveWhat five key components of marriage do you value?
I've only been married to my hubby for 10 months, actually our annyversary is exacly 2 months from today .. Weird. We've been together for 7 years and I think its important to have


Trust


Unconditional love


Laughter


Compromise


Support


Understanding of ones choices


Communication


In my our case, getting along with the inlaws


Staying grounded and down to earth


Romantic night and getaways


Snowboarding %26amp; surfing


Looking forward to growing old together


Keeping things exciding


Loyalty


Honesty ............





Sorry I went all out
Awesome question!!


My top five:


1. Love.......anything can be conquered if you love someone enough


2.Communication.......openly discussing things brings you closer and helps you understand the person more


3. Trust.........If you trust your spouse, you can avoid silly, immature bickering and worrying about who he/she is talking to.


4. Respect..........If you respect your spouse, they feel valued which is very important in any relationship but especially marriage


5. Honesty.........If you always strive for honesty in your marriage, everything else falls in place......the trust, communication, respect all happen as a result of honesty.





I believe the key component is love..........';love conquers all'; is the most true cliche' I've ever heard.
Married 11 years, together for 15 years.





Trust - this is your foundation. Without it, nothing will stand up to the marriage.





Love - you will go through phases of being madly in love or just loving the person you married. Accept that this does not mean something is wrong. It just happens in time, but the love doesn't die, it just phases in and out.





Communication - this is a tough one. Men tend to internalize and women tend to vocalize. We use a calendar to write down our schedules. It keeps the communication open, even when we aren't speaking to each other (not because we are mad).





Values - you need the same values, especially when it comes to parenting. If you aren't on the same page, this will create conflict.





Compromise - you are not always going to agree on everything. There will come a time when you must agree to disagree, but then let it go. Don't hold grudges and don't go to bed mad. Make a compromise just to end the argument. You don't want to end up in divorce court.






Shared interests





Same sense of humor





Respect (this goes along with TRUST for me. I know that my husband trusts me and I trust him- because of the respect we have for each other)





Communication (this includes honesty, for me)





Conditional Love ( and yes- I said *conditional*. We both know that love is fragile. Cheating/lying/harming/backstabbing/emot鈥?hurting each other or the children would cause our love to disappear, I'm sure. We love each other for the people we are. I fully understand that if I made a terrible mistake that may rip it away (or if he did). I think that since we are both very realistic about love that it makes us stronger.





Open-mindedness





*I know that's 6, but I really needed to add the last one. :)





Together for 8 years.





Edit: one more- sexual compatibility. I would put this in my top five and move humor down here.
Love


Trust


Honesty


Respect


Communication





I have only been married for 5 months but we have been together for about 4 years and it is my second marriage. I listed it in this order bc of course to me love is the most important thing, without it you have none of the other, A relationship has to have trust and honesty. and you have to respect one another. But without communication none of this is possible so maybe I should rearrange them!
Married 10 years to one incredible man.





Honesty-you must always have this.





Trust-you can't have this if you don't have the first.





Understanding-No one is always at their best.





Loyalty-You have to devote yourself to the other.





Faith-Helps you through the bad times keeps you together in the good times.
1. Similar tastes in music, tv, etc


2. Similar wants and goals


3. Similar intellect...


4. Good sense of humour


5. At least one person can cook, at least one is willing to clean





My first marriage was not going well, and he died (not murder I swear)


I remarried 5 years later and have been married 4 years..
Love (obviously)


Honest Communication


Compromise and Fair Disagreements


Sex (sorry, but it really is an important part of marriage!!!)


Comfort (how comfortable are you around each other?)





Been married for 10 years July 2009!!



Married for 1 year %26amp; 8 months





In no particular order....


1.) Love


2.) Commitment


3.) Trust


4.) Teamwork/Compromising


5.) Communication
communication


compromise


compatibility (some of the same interests, beliefs, activities etc...)


love/attraction


honesty (with honesty comes trust)





married to my husband for 12 1/2 years with 4 children.
1 year and half married - yayayay!





- partnership, share togetherness


- communication, understand each other


- love, treat nice with respect


- sex, passion and lots of satisfying (hehehe!)


- support, be there for each other and help each other
Ive been very happily married for 1.5 yrs.





Love, Trust,Companionship, Understanding, Laughter
patience, respect, love, mutual support, and attention.





married almost 14 years, together more than 20.
Communication


Trust/Honesty


Faithfulness


Commitment


Love





Married 2 years and 2 months
Love/Desire


Communication


Faith


Honesty/ Fidelity


Selflessness





Yes
mutual respect %26amp; admiration


support / partnership


friendship


understanding


trust





Married 10 years
love trust communication compromise responsibility





2 1/2 years
trust


honesty


compromise


fun


laughter


lots of sex!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment