Friday, July 30, 2010

How can I remove the condition on permanent residence when my marriage has failed?

I received my conditional green card based on my marriage to my wife. We are planning to divorce because it is just not working out between us. I have to apply to remove the conditions on my green card 90 days before it expires. I want to know how can I apply to remove the condition and when can I apply. What are they looking for in order to accept the removal of the condition? ThankHow can I remove the condition on permanent residence when my marriage has failed?
You can file immediately you have the divorce ..no need to wait the two years





they want to proof of a genine marriage ..not usually that difficult


even after divorce she is still liable to the GOV under the affidavit of support she filed ...How can I remove the condition on permanent residence when my marriage has failed?
Your divorce would need to be final before you could file a waiver to remove the joint filing requirement.





You would need to prove that your marriage was entered to in good faith and broke down naturally. Provide much the same evidence as you gave the USCIS in the first place along with affidavits from friends and family (and your wife if she's willing to help) to attest to the fact that the marriage, while it lasted, was genuine.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment