Friday, July 30, 2010

How is abstinence until marriage a social movement?

I'm doing a sociology project, and I'm having a bit of a difficulty trying to explain how groups like ';True Love Waits'; and ';Silver Ring Thing'; are a type of social movement for sexual abstinence until marriage, and how they try to promote their ideologies.How is abstinence until marriage a social movement?
They use duality. Those programs are promoted to community leaders as ';teen abstinence'; or ';Abstinence Until Adulthood';. These would be reasonable programs if that was the case. However such programs are promoted to participants as ';Abstinence Until Marriage';.





Although I agree with religious conservatives who want to challenge the youth to delay sexual activity for a while, I totally disagree with their message that a condom is a provision for sin. I send my Christian friends to the website below which debunks the whole thing against premarital sex in the Bible. That way they have no excuse not to support comprehensive sex education.How is abstinence until marriage a social movement?
uh... stds...population control.....uhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment