Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do I get a marriage license in California?

What are the steps I need to take to get a marriage license in California. Do I have to get that done before my actual wedding? How does this work?How do I get a marriage license in California?
Go to the courthourse nimwitHow do I get a marriage license in California?
I'm so glad you figured everything out, glad I could help! :)

Report Abuse



Go to the marriage license office (you can call the number in the gov't section of the white pages for the address and hours they are open) in the county you will be marrying in with your fiance (both of you have to be present). Make sure to have proper documentation that they require. They will let you know if there is anything else you need to do.





Yes, if you wish to have the wedding be considered legal, then you need to have a marriage license prior to the wedding day. A minister will not marry you without one.
no, you can get it after you get married. there is a special law that just started that says your license can be sent to you on your honeymoon in order to avoid the stress of applying beforehand. you can order it online. good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment