Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What personal flaw of yours has the biggest negative impact on your marriage?

None of us are perfect; we all have flaws to some degree or other. What flaw of yours creates the most strain on your marriage? Even if the strain is very small, which one has the biggest negative impact?





I'll start. For me, it's my tendency sometimes to withdraw and isolate myself when my wife gets angry at me rather than addressing her in an assertive and constructive manner.





Your turn!What personal flaw of yours has the biggest negative impact on your marriage?
My sensitivity.





Though I sometimes consider it to be an asset, it is also definitely a flaw at times.





I consider it to be an asset because I am very caring of other people. I'm helpful, loving, and very attuned to their needs even if they don't speak them.





I consider it to be a flaw because I cry VERY easily. Literally, if I feel just about ANY amount of sadness, the tears flow. I realize that I cry very easily, so when I know I'm crying for a stupid reason I'll say something. :P It's not like I break down and sob and bawl my eyes out, however the tears do flow! I can still have a functioning conversation, just with wet eyes. :P Yeah, I'm a crier!





It's had a negative impact on my marriage because sometimes my husband doesn't understand that I'm not over reacting, I just can't help the tears from falling! My sensitivity also has a negative impact on my marriage because even sometimes when my husband wants to be left alone (he does what you do; isolates) I'll want to try to make him feel better and fix it, which annoys him.





Oh well. I still wouldn't give it up because I like being sensitive to people and caring for others.What personal flaw of yours has the biggest negative impact on your marriage?
Interesting question. I live with my boyfriend and I think that the personal flaw that I have that negatively affects our relationship is my need for a clean apartment. He's sorta messy and I feel like I am always nagging him to pick up. It's started some fights! :(
Great question Happy!


I am sure I have more than one, but the one that popped in my head first was my abuse of alcohol. When I was drinking I would hide it and lie. He would find out and we would fight.


I have since quit drinking and funny thing! We get along so much better!!!!





My other thing is I like to keep things neat and clean so we fight about that sometimes.


But really we hardly ever have words.


We get along pretty darn good.
Ok, that first ';answerer'; sounded a little creepy.








For me, let's see, I have learned over the years to master ';patience';, that was my big one and his would be his ';bossy factor'; but he has ';toned down'; very much over the years with that one as well.





Good question!
Nagging and controlling.


I feel like I nag because he doesn't do things on his own.


I try to control because I don't think he'll do it right.


He made me eggs on the weekend and I just HAD to tell him that he was overcooking them.


Phew...that was a huge confession. I think I need a beer now...
i'm am over sensitive sometimes and i think this irritates him because i take a lot of small things to heart.





i also worry a lot about paying bills etc when i shouldn't i hate falling behind on things.





Other than that i hope i am a good wifey! x
I sometimes listen to what she is saying but failed to hear what was said. I sometimes do not recognize when things that are not important to me, just might be important to my wife. I guess I lack some of heathers sensitivity.
I tend to start things and not finish them. i put up a deck last summer, it's almost finished, but there are a few things that need to be done. we have been using it since last fall, so that was the main thing i guess.
I take things out on my significant. I could be mad at a client, my boss, a girlfriend, the postman, but..my sweetie is the one who gets it both barrels. I need to redirect my feelings.
I sometimes over react which is my personal flaw, otherwise there is no negative impact in my marriage.
I'm bipolar, so I blow everything up. I'm such a *****.
My PMS. During that time I get insecure and that shows in an inwardly turned anger/depression and jealousy
My lack of patience. He is super laid back and I worry about most things. lol. It's not major or anything, but I can be a b*tch once in awhile.
Procrastination. I put things off until she gets afraid and freaks out. Bad juju!
I never know when to just let things go and get over it.
I get controlling.
Im a *****.





aaaahhh...i dont like that y/a changed my work to little stars! my answer was I am a B*TCH.
my ability to never let go.
to pick my battles and let the little things go
OMG! Your prob sounds just like mine! My question: how do I make my stalker- 46 ry old doctor-hubby from TN see, that the perfect girl he stalks does NOT want him? Never has and never will want him? Esp as I sent her emails 2 yrs ago saying ';he loves me. he says i'm the most beautiful woman in the world. Pls stay away';. (this was before I hooked up with hubby. She ran from him. He's been running after her since) How do I make him get the PICUTRE? Link to my question: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...

No comments:

Post a Comment