Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What will happen if my marriage license arrived after our target wedding date?

Because everything is prepared on my wedding date, the bookings of everything, the flight of my relatives to attend my wedding. but the problem is one of my requirements CENOMAR still didn't arrived causing my filing of marriage license can't arrive on our target date. what will i do? can we proceed our weding without the marriage license and just advise the pastor and principal sponsor to sign it as soon as marriage license arrive? or postpone the wedding date?What will happen if my marriage license arrived after our target wedding date?
Don't postpone the wedding. You will just have to have it signed as soon as it arrives. You won't be ';legally'; married until it is signed, but you will be married in the eyes of the church and your family and friends, which should be enough for a few days until the official documant arrives.What will happen if my marriage license arrived after our target wedding date?
Like Newlywed said, I'd think you can still go through with the ceremony, it just won't be legal in the eyes of the state until the document is signed and filed.





However, I would talk with your officiant just to make sure he'll still perform the ceremony. I've heard stories of officiants being unwilling to perform a ceremony without first seeing that piece of paper. Those may have been rare instances, but I'd still check to make sure. It would be a total bummer to find out the hard way the morning of the wedding.
i hope by license you mean the registration. i guess no problem in that case, as long as it mentions the same date as your wedding when ever it arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment