Saturday, August 21, 2010

In what states was the marriage amendment put on the voting ballot?

I asked a similar question a few days ago only, I didn't word my question in quite the right way and asked about the prop 8 when really I meant prop 8 types of amendments in different states. (Meant to delete the q posting this new one after getting no satisfactory answers but couldn't due to yahoo maintenance.)


Thanks. In what states was the marriage amendment put on the voting ballot?
Florida, California and Arizona passed it. I don't think your asking the right question. In many states (including my own) the vote was not for or against gay marriage, but whether or not to open the constitution for amendment. If you want the list, find any states with legalized gay marriage, and see how many were voting to amend the constitution against it. Hope this helps in some way. In what states was the marriage amendment put on the voting ballot?
california- i live in san diego,ca and i voted no on prop 8
CA and AZ, not sure about the other two. I know there were four this past election.

No comments:

Post a Comment