Saturday, August 21, 2010

What documents will work for my filipina wife to travel after marriage?

We married in USA, she has acquired permanent resident card in married name, here passport shows her maiden name. Will her travel be ok with her unexpired passport, permanent resident card, and marriage certificate? Thanks.What documents will work for my filipina wife to travel after marriage?
I have travelled to the Philippines this year with my green card (married name) and passport with my maiden name. I didn't had any problem leaving the USA.In coming back, the Immigration Officer just asked for my passport and green card though I had my marriage certificate ready. If you still have the time before you travel and if your wife's passport is not yet expired she can have her passport sent and have it amended by the Philippines Consulate that covers the state where you live.She can also report her marriage to the same Consulate.What documents will work for my filipina wife to travel after marriage?
Carry the marriage certificate with the passport. Apply for a new passport as soon as practical. To get a new one she'll need to apply in person at the embassy in DC or any Philippine consulate in the USA.
She needs to get a New Passport...


In her Married Name...or they will stop


her from re-entry into the USA.


Period...End of Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment