Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do you deal with a fear of public speaking during a marriage ceremony?

My Fiance does not want to say anything during the ceremony. How can this work?How do you deal with a fear of public speaking during a marriage ceremony?
Tell him to forget all of the other people around you. Pretend like it's just the two of you (plus your officiant) standing there. I could have had a UFO full of aliens at my ceremony and wouldn't have noticed - I just kept looking into my husband's eyes.How do you deal with a fear of public speaking during a marriage ceremony?
Tell him that once you are both up there everyone else is going to disappear and he won't even notice that you are not alone. Believe me, I watched my wedding ceremony video and realized my flower girl was dangerously close to a temper tantrum and my ring bearer did have a mini-tantrum I didn't even realize on the day.
Its not clear if your fiance has real full-on fear - but if he does and is motivated to overcome it then it can be done quickly with modern techniques.





There are plenty of folks online who offer help. Our team CTRN: Change That's Right Now http://www.ChangeThatsRightNow.com/Fear-of-Public-Speaking.asp does a lot of work in this area and we'd be honored to help him if he wants to make the change.





Very best for your wedding - have a wonderful day regardless!
Wait until it comes time to go to lamaze classes. Have you discussed that yet?





Seriously, get married at City Hall and have a reception only.

No comments:

Post a Comment